Resumes for veterinary reception and veterinary technician can be submitted to us by sending an email to: email@example.com Previous veterinary hospital experience is an asset, but new grads welcome to apply.
RVT JOB POSTING:
Registered Veterinary Technicians Wanted
Animal Hospital of Cambridge
Emergency AND Routine Vet Care Services! Amazing Hospital Culture and Co-Workers! Mentorship! Family-like Atmosphere! Utilize your Skills to the Fullest!
Does this sound like what you have been looking for? The Animal Hospital of Cambridge is currently looking for RVT’s to join our growing team and would love to hear from you!
Who We Are
Animal Hospital of Cambridge is a small animal hospital with AAHA accreditation located in Cambridge, Ontario. We are part of the Vet Strategy network of hospitals that provides routine preventative care as well as daytime emergency & critical care services 7 days a week. We have been providing excellent patient care since 2004, and in 2018 we were able to build a much larger and modern facility to serve our growing client base. We see a wide variety of medical, dental, emergency and surgical cases including orthopedic and soft tissue surgery. We are fortunate to have an in-house Board-Certified Surgeon available to our clients. We believe in empowering our technicians to utilize all of their skills and to never stop learning. Our ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a fun, supportive and dedicated team of professionals. Every day is an opportunity to learn something new! Experience is an asset, but new grads are welcome as we are able to provide training and mentorship.
About the role
As our ideal candidate you will be:
- An RVT in good standing with Diploma, or eligible to register for the VTNE
- Passion for what you do every day! Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients and staff
- Ability to prioritize tasks, triage patients and problem solve independently and as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to changing situations, multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
We Value Our Technicians
Animal Hospital of Cambridge continues to offer a family-like atmosphere to its staff and clients. We believe that veterinary clinics are an integral part of the community they serve and as such we put a large focus on community-based activities and initiatives, as well as raising OSCAR funds for our in-hospital pet charity. Idexx in-house lab-station with SediVue, syringe pumps, IV pumps, dopplers, pulse-ox and other modern pieces of equipment are provided to aide technicians with patient care. We focus on using fear-free techniques with our patients and sedation + hands-free radiology to reduce exposure to our staff and patients. Shifts range from 8 - 12 hours, with techs sharing a rotation of weekends. We do our best to provide monthly schedules with fair shifts amongst the entire team who have the flexibility to trade shifts if needed.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Friendly and supportive work environment, Staff-Connect Resource, Staff fun-day's & Seasonal events
- Uniform provided
- OAVT Dues paid each year
- Paid holidays as per ESA
- Free Parking
- Continuing education allowance
- Comprehensive benefit plan Health, Dental, Disability, Accident & Serious Illness Insurance
- Competitive compensation based on experience, opportunity to advance in your career path
- Access to Animal Care Technology (ACT) online training and medical webinar events throughout the year by leading specialists
- Bravo Board to share "shout-out's" to fellow staff for a job well-done or thank you messages with bi-monthly gift card draw
- Large lunch room with natural light, comfortable chairs, microwave/toaster oven/fridge/coffee maker, Outdoor picnic table so staff can enjoy their downtime
- Lifeworks Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Inspirational-Mindful-Wellness Resources provided on self-care board to support staff with mental, financial advice, physical & emotional wellbeing
- Gym Membership Discount Available
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need through the Oscar Fund activities
- Pet Perks – discounts on pet care and pet supplies provided
- Paid sick days and bereavement days
Please send resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Stacey Ortwein,RVT / Practice Manager
We look forward to hearing from you!