Cat Friendly Services
is our #1 Priority
The Cat Friendly Practice® program is a global initiative designed to elevate care for cats by reducing stress and making visits easier for cats and caregivers. Awarded by the American Association of Feline Practitioners, the veterinary practice must meet specific criteria in order to become a
Cat Friendly GOLD Practice®.
Being a Cat Friendly Practice® Animal Hospital of Cambridge takes extra steps to provide the best care and experience for you and your cat.
You can expect your Cat Friendly Practice® to:
1. Understand the unique needs and behaviors of cats. Upon request, we can provide a free Kitty Relax Pack to help reduce stress associated with travel or vet visits. Refills are available for a small fee.
2. Have a feline-friendly environment and make veterinary visits more cat-friendly.
Animal Hospital of Cambridge has a separate waiting room, exam rooms complete with kitty TV and treatment area for cats only.
3. Understand how to approach and handle cats in a gentle, empathetic, and caring manner. We also use Feliway, a synthetic pheromone to help reduce your cats feeling of anxiety or stress.
4. Have the appropriate equipment and facilities needed to diagnose and treat feline patients.
5. Meet specific standards for the facility and care of hospitalized cats.
The Cat Friendly Practice® program is designed to:
- Help reduce stress associated with veterinary visits.
- Improve the quality of care provided.
- Support the veterinary team so that the entire staff is educated and knowledgeable about your cats’ distinct needs and behaviors.
Book Your Cats Appointment Today !
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK
8AM - 8PM Monday - Saturday
8AM - 6PM Sunday
Cat Information Brochures : Click Here
Getting Your Cat to the Veterinarian Brochure: Click Here
Cat Scratching is a Normal Behaviour: Click Here